Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald & EU3

Colin Grundy

I have on order, from Dave Andrews, a new Emerald M3DK and the new connector for plugging into the later EU3 loom. My question is, has anyone done this yet and did any problems arise, or is it simply 'plug and play'. Also has anyone got or can suggest a suitable map to load into it. My engine is a 140 BHP 1.8K with the new R3/4/500 exhaust system.

Sorry if it sounds basic stuff, but engines going in next week hopefully and it would be nice if it started and run first time!

😬

The Emerals has been fitted to John Midwoods car (1.6 EU3) for a few weeks now. I was discussing this with both DW on the CCC stand at Autosport and with DVA this week. A supersport standard map should be available to load into the system, as it is a well established product (allowing for any differences between eu2 / 3 such as wasted spark). I will hopefully be doing the same with my 1.6 SS soon, with the addition of a set of verniers.

HTH

Martin

Its a plug in and go option, you just need to follow the instructions on setting up the throttle pot and you should be OK, I will ensure you have a map to get you going which will be 95% correct for your spec.

Johns EU3/EU2 adapator had one wire in the wrong place due to inconsistent documentation in the EU3 information concerning the crank sensor, Kalr has made a note for future adaptors. When this wire was re-routed the engine burst into life first time which gave he and I quite a jolt since I was monitoring the engine telemetry to check if the ECU could see the crank sensor signal.

Oily