Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Out for a blat &...................................

CHRIS CLARK

Halfords may be worth a try if you desparately need one tomorrow but experience tells me that they probably won't have it ex stock and will have to order it from Rover on Monday. Worth a try, I have been proved wrong before........................

Probably best to try a decent, small, local factor in the morning if you want it tomorrow.

And if you get completely stuck I'm pretty sure I've got a used one in the garage,

on the subjest of parts availability I went to a Rover dealer today to get a new Coil and a set of HT leads for a K series... they had neither in stock ☹️...pathetic!

Mind you neither did Halford, Lucas autoservice or cafco motor factors!

Mark

Ok. Well I got one from Halfords this morning (£35.99). Now all fitted. Biggest headache? How to remove the stains left by hot water/antifreeze mix which has been blasted back by some high, err, moderate speed on the M2.

Rather like dry powder extinguisher fired at an engine. Bl%dy stuff was everywhere. I can't seem to find a decent solvent either. Tried petrol, carbon tet., brake cleaner, WD40 all to no avail.

By the way, the original waterpump was totally shot.

Clamshell Club Founder Member.

Chris,

If the water pump leaked water over the Cam belt - then change it NOW!!! I speak from experience - water + coolent + cambelt = ££££, as the belt is weakened by the mixture you are trying to clean out of the engine bay.

Good Luck,

Dave H

Dave H.

I remembered your info. on this a while back so checked it out first. Was advised that it is NOT the water/antifreeze that causes the damage but oil (from crankshaft seal etc) or kinking the belt (which breaks the carbon fibre strands within the matrix.

Clamshell Club Founder Member.