Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring Heated Windscreen

A7 OOH

Can anyone help is sorting out how to reconnect my Heated Windscreen.

The screen itself has a Blue cable on the left (assume live feed) and a black on the right (assume connect to earth)

The heated screen switch has two spade connectors (One black which I assume is connected to earth) Under the dash I found a Green and Pink cable which I have connected to the other spade connector on the switch and when I switch on the ignition etc the Heated Switch Illuminates.

But where do I connect the blue wire on the heated screen to get a live feed.

I notice I have a spare black cable with bullet connector on the passenger side if that helps

Cheers

Don't have a 7 in front of me, but here goes:

Green/Pink should be the switched feed to the screen. You need to find the other end of that wire from the one that goes to the switch, and then connect it to the Blue tail.

(The switch should probably end up with a Black, a Green, and a Green/Pink. What does it now have?)

That Black cable is probably the earth you need for the screen.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan and Steve

At present my switch has two spade connectors which have a black and a green and pink wire connected to it.

(the green and pink which I connected to the switch was the one I found hanging under the dash on the passenger side.

The terminal block to the switch has 3 green wires and a loose green and pink which is the one I have connected to the spade connector on the switch, the only other wire I see looking for a home is a black wire with a bullet connector(passenger side)

The wire on the drivers side which I am looking for what colour am I looking for, I presume when I find it i connected to the black wire from the heated screen.

Erngor

The black leads are the earth connections. One should go to the screen (the bullet connector) and the other to the switch. The live power is a green lead that should come from the fuse box to the switch. The Green and Pink lead should go into the dash loom and come out under the dash near the light switch. It probably has a bullet connector as it sounds like a previous owner used to switch between full screen and aero (bullet connectors are easier to push through the rubber grommet in the scuttle). 

It sound like you have the switch wired OK - you are just missing the live feed to the screen - the green/pink lead. 

This is the wiring diagram for a CSR - but the K-Series dash is the same AfAIK. 

Steve

The switch connector block has a green/pink feed among others

The switch spade connectors(two of has a black feed to earth, the green/pink I found hanging under the dash I have connected to the other switch terminal but I cannot find a wire green/pink or otherwise to connect to the heated screen blue cable.

Gordon