Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bilsten Adjustable Platform Kit

Silver 21

I've dismantled the front dampers only to find that the bilstens I've got (only a year old) have not got the right groove in them to take the adjustable kit, has any one else come across this one before?

Just been round to Barry Hunts to check his and they have a groove 34mm from the bottom of the damper whereas mine have 3 grooves all close together, any bright suggestions as to how I can get round this over the weekend or do I need to take them to an engineering shop to get an extra groove put in them next week sometime.

If the dampers are made for the car and Caterham sell an adjustable platform kit to fit these dampers why are the grooves not there as standard *confused* *confused* *confused* *mad*

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Lawrence

Not quite the answer I wanted, I'm in budget upgrade mode hence fitting the adjustable platforms (bought s/h) rather than new spring/damper combination.

Anyone know of a friendly engineering shop in the B'ham/Solihull area that could put some extra grooves in my front dampers? *confused*

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*