Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series ECU / MIL Light

JosephClarke

• 2 weeks later...

My ongoing quest to get a fully functioning car continues, a local member who lives 5 minutes from my house was kind enough to provide a spare (new) lambda sensor so I can install and test, a short run home seems to have been ok with no idle issues, have cleared the ECU so will need to go for a good drive to see if the heater error comes back and check for stalling.

Fixed my indicators, then found the brake light had stopped working on the same day. Luckily that was a simple fix, took the switch apart cleaned up the contacts inside and all working again.

You're getting the hang of it now. They do seem to need constant love and attention to keep them happy! Glad the lambda issue seems better, let us know when you've taken it for a good blat.

The brake light switches are a known weak point. There are various more robust alternatives you can fit. I think a lot of people use one from Car Builder Solutions. Personally I switched over to one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-242-244-245-262-264-265-340-360-740-760-NEW-BRAKE-LIGHT-SWITCH-/281947950573?hash=item41a5684ded:g:IH8AAOSwB4NW0gyl Volvo units. Seem very robust, direct replacement and I haven't had any problems since. And at £2.99 on eBay you can't really go wrong!

At last some good news had some decent weather last night so was able to test the car properly after fitting the new Lambda sensor, all of the results are after resetting the ECU (clear mil) and power cycling the battery supply.

Currently after two full runs the Lambda Bank 1 Heater Error has not returned.

Throttle TPS shows 3.92% at idle at rises as would be expected under use.

Air intake and coolant temp look well within in sensible values.

System went closed loop, Lambda sensor voltage was swinging up and down between around 0V and 1V as described, MAP values looked sensible.

So in short thanks for advice will see how I get on, it still seemed to idle roughly for about 5 to 10 seconds about 10 seconds after it starts.

Driving it seemed spot on, thanks for the advice all been very useful.

Joseph