Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.4 k Series Road Sport Limited Edition CAR SOLD - Lots of bits for SALE

A7 OOH

For sale is my 1996 1.4 k Series Road Sport Limited Edition No 11 of 30. Produced by Caterham as a run out edition with upgraded engine and ECU mods and a 56 mm throttle body connected to a forward facing aluminum plenum which raised the power output to 128 hp.

As standard the engine was mated to Caterhams own 6 speed gear box and fitted with carbon fibre cycle wings and rear wheel arch protectors and 14" Minilite style wheels painted anthracite.

Finished in Bugatti Racing Blue with a yellow strip and nose band, Luke blue 4/6 point harness and colour matched FIA Roll Bar with High Level Brake light.

Supplied by Caterham as a CKD kit to its original owner with a post build inspection carried out by Ratrace Motor Sport. The comprehensive file includes Caterhams original Final Speciication sheet and invoice together with Post Build inspection certificate by Ratrace.

A number of additions were fitted by the previous owner including

1. Stack ST 700 SR (White Dial) with tacho, speedo, oil temp and oil pressure and charging sensors. It also incorporates shift and warning lights, 0-60 and standing quarter mile so I was informed although they have not been used during my ownership.

2. Apollo Tank with non return flap valve plumbed into Cam Cover.

3. Brise Race Alternator and brackets (I had the pulley size changed by James Whiting for road use and the original is available in the spares pack.- Standard Available

4. Limited Slip Differential

5. Caterham Race front  wheel brake kit

6. Race battery isolator fitted with dump resistor, Red Starter Buttion and Aero Style toggle switch.

7 Composite Tillet Seats with Head Rests

8. Full Tonneau cover with Tillet Pockets

9. VHPD 4-2-1 Race Exhaust (7")

10. Quick Release Steering Wheel Column (Standard available)

11. Quick Steering Rack  (Standard available)

12. Removable Steering Wheels (Momo Leather and Suede)

13. Carbon Fibre Indicator Pods with clear lens

14. Carbon Fibre Sill Protectors

15. 5.75" Black Headlights (7" Chrome Available)

16. Carbon Fibre Aero Screen with SPA Carbon Fibre Side and Central Mirrors (Tall and Short Central Mirror Mounts)

17. Half Doors

18. Drivers Seat Leather Seat Pad

19. Clear Rear Lamp Lenses - Red/Amber available

The car is currently running on Advan A048R tyres all in good condition.

Although a series of driver "aids" are fitted the previous owner of 12 years assured me the car was never used as a track car, and given its original condition I had no reason to doubt his claims when buying the car. The files contain all invoices from Caterham and Demon Tweeks etc for the upgrades.

The engine remains in its Original unmolested condition as upgraded by Caterham as part of the run out series.

The car also has the original heated windscreen, Hood, Side Screens and Hood Bag all in excellent condition. Together with a detachable Spare Wheel Holder and Spare Wheel. A heater is available but currently not fitted.

The car is currently fitted out with the Aero Screens and Half Doors but can be reverted if required.

A number of new spares are available including: Clutch and Throttle Cables, Distributor Cap and Rotor Arm, Set of Spark Plugs and Alternator Belts and a new starter motor. 

Used but working parts include Specific to the 1.4 Road Sport a Factory mapped ECU, MFRU, Original Alternator and Brackets, Header Tank, Ignition Coil plus a range of other items including a set of as new Top and Bottom Wishbones. Set of Adjustable Seat Runners plus I am sure a lot more I have forgot to mention

Build Manual included.

Available also is a Hamilton Moltex Outdoor and Blue Indoor Cover with Lotus Branding both in excellent condition.

The car also carries the number plate P7SVN which I will include in the asking price.

The cars body work is in exceptional original condition given its age. If it has a problem then it has some gravel rash on the rear arches which is a quick and cheap fix by Tony at TSK.

P7SVN has covered only 16000 miles from new (Old MOT's confirm) and carries a current MOT until the 16th  March 2017 with no advisories.

The car had a major service at James Whiting including Cam Belt in September 2014 and since then has been maintained by myself. Engine Oil and Filters are available

A new Battery was fitted in 2015 and the car starts on the button

The car is Exempt Emission Testing.

I would prefer to sell as a complete package as detailed above for the asking price of £13k or will be prepared to revert the car back to standard  for which I would be open to offers.

I can assure any prospective buyer will not be disappointed.

The car is located in the Guildford Area and is available for viewing any time given suitable notification.

Test Drives sorry to say will only be for those who can show they hold fully comprehensive insurance to drive a car NOT owned by them.

You can contact me on 07805 956497 or via the Forum if you require more information, photo's can be made available to any interested party.

The car is now also advertised on www.carandclassic.co.uk under ref C739080 with photo's