Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loton Thanks

robmar

Thanks to all those that helped me get my car going again on Sunday (Dave G, Dave N, Simon, Nigel and anyone else I have forgotten)...

Great days competition at a great venue

Got home around 9 which isn't bad for loton

​Roll on Goodwood...

Rob

I'd also like to add my thanks to everyone that helped me get going in the morning, without whom I might have just binned the day and spent it eating ice cream instead.

What a great bunch of competitors we have.

and as for the support I received just getting me through the day without any stress ( other than self imposed)

Had a great , albeit slow , day and sunburn !!!

I especially feel part of the group after being told off by a very important , very senior  official for moving my trailer before the end of the competition ..........

... and so the season begins *clap*

And we's like to thank Chris B for towing us out of the mud, Nigel for the use of his pristine tow rope (not quite so clean after we'd used it) and the various people who helped Shaun to get the trailer onto tow bar on the van after the jockey wheel clamp sheered off!

I do hope that the weekend's non-track 'events' are not a sign of things to come!

Cheers to all.. It's been nigh on 9 years since I last got involved properly and I'm pleased to say that things haven't changed a bit!!

Gill - I sincerely hope so too! Car stuck in mud.. trailer blow out on way involving me driving the last 5 miles on 3 trailer wheels and all the way back as I'd forgotten the spare... car dropped off trailer as someone had parked across the road from my trailer meaning I had to approach on the angle and fell off the ramps... judicious swearing and use of trolley jacks ensued... then almost getting stuck trying to get out again... but still came away sunburnt and smiling!

See you at Curborough hopefully!

Jeff I was about to post the opposite about my new tyres*nuts*

Yes they are expensive but they are amazing, why did i wait so long to try them.  Main issue is trying to go faster than normal as the grip and braking is just so different in a good way...

Rob

Like Rob I am very happy with my new tyres. Thought they would be horrible and I would hate them, BUT

they are so much fun and I had big smile all day even with my spin on the last run.

Thanks yo all in class 2 for making an old timer feel welcome and at home.

David