Click here if you are having website access problems ×

remove k-series fuel rail - throttle bodies

mcerbm

im trying to remove my injectors to get the cleaned. I cant take them out in a straight line because the fuel rail rests against a bracket that holds the throttle cable in position. It looks like this bracket is held in place between the two throttle body pairs.

how does the fuel rail / injectors come out? disassemble the bracket or wiggle it out and above the bracket (doesn't seem friendly to the injectors)

/sites/default/files/images/users/1260/IMG_6807.JPG/sites/default/files/images/users/1260/IMG_6808.JPG

it seems to describe taking the whole throttle body off, but in mention of the fuel rail it just says remove two bolts and remove if necessary. I guess the guide was for removing the throttle body intact with the fuel rail and injectors still in?

That throttle cable bracket is different to mine, but you should be able to wriggle the fuel rail off the top of each injector once you've removed each injector clip (undo the two securing bolts as previously mentioned, and cut any cable ties off the rail), then the injectors should be accessible 

i managed to get them out with a lot of wiggling, it wasnt the best method as that bracket doesnt give much wiggle room for the fuel rail, the two middle injectors were difficult to get out and i was worried about the injector faces getting scrathed as they were dragged out of their enclosures on the throttle body. might be a bit trickier to put back in.....

ok next problem. which groove is the metal clip that fixes the injectors in supposed to go into? There is one groove for the full circumference of the body, then there is another groove cut only on the sides of the injector that the clip also fits in. I would imagine this twin groove is the one they need to go into because its the one I cant get the clip into!

any suggestions?