Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Clutch travel and Caterham dry sump bell tank

jp7

Hi all,

Ive just rebuilt engine and gearbox on my K series. I put in a new clutch plate and new clutch cover, same as before, the uprated caterham AP job.

The clutch is adjusted up as before so the lever arm moves forward and is stopped by the small metal plate attached to the bell tank, which sits across the lever arm slot, however it feels like more adjustment is needed as the gears will engage but its a bit difficult to engage 1st and 2nd.

Question is, can I/should I remove the small metal plate from the belltank slot?? This will allow me to depress the clutch pedal further and push the clutch plates further apart, hopefully allowing for a smoother change...

cheers

Andy

Hi Paul, 

Nope the arm is ok. I bought the very last one Caterham had for sale, sat on it for quite a while but when i went to fit it it was manufactured incorrectly and wouldn't fit, the fork wouldn't go over the pivot pin, but the angles are the same. So I put the old one back in and Caterham will be having the other one back, tomorrow as it happens..

Hi Malcolm,

Magic, that's what I wanted to hear! I shall whip it off and see if a little more movement allows for a better change, I can always make up a new narrower stop once I know how far the arm needs to move.

As an aside, I'm picking up my K series dry sump pan today from Crawley, just wanted to say Thank You for your efforts in making this possible, very much appreciated:)

cheers

Andy

Yes I took delivery of mine a couple of weeks ago. It's just a pity about CC's retail price and Titan's policy, especially as I know the price Titan were originally talking about to supply us with the first batch of 25 sumps. But, at the end of the day, they both need to keep in business and have bigger fish to fry between themselves.

Malcolm