Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Watts linkage set up advice

green george

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the link.  I will check to see if I have t e rear link arm or just a forward link arm.  In any case the forward link arm appears to have two mounting positions available on the inner wing in the arc of the wheel arch lip.  There is an upper and a lower mount; although I think I would have to take the seats out to move the mounting point.  Mine is fitted to the lower mount and was wondering why there are two positions and what affect this would have on the handling.

From the Assembly Guide:

9.7) Radius arms 

Fit the radius arms to the upper chassis bush with the waisted section facing outboard, to provide maximum clearance to the brake calliper. 

NOTE

On some series 3 chassis a lower fixing boss is supplied to give optimum suspension geometry when used only for race and track purposes. This setting is not recommended for road usage. 

Watt's link:

9.8.3) Link arms to chassis

With the De Dion tube in place attach the forward link arm to the upper mounting bush on the chassis using caphead bolt (fastener pack 30R011A Item 2) pass from inside the cockpit, through the link arm. 

Jonathan