Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Long strand e-glass exhaust re-packing material

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

Some of you may remember the bulk-buy organised by Mark Collins the best part of 10 years go (ahem) for long strand e-glass exhaust repacking material.  Magic stuff.  Well, I have a box which was unopened until last night, containing 14 bags of it!.  It is known to easy to install and very long lasting.  I'm guessing that there's enough here for at least two repacks...

Thinking about £20 plus shipping (which shouldn't be much - it's pretty light).  Any takers?

James

• Leadership Team

Hi Nick

Sorry - I usually get alerts when my posts are replied to but I didn't in this case.

I'll send across my details but just to be sure, each bag contains an amount of the material.  It looks like long, fibrous fluffy stuff (hard to describe - a bit like the wadding in a duvet perhaps!) but I don't think it's the sheet material that you mentioned. 

Here (below) is the start of the thread from the bulk-buy back in 2007 (the good old days of BlatChat...) that I lifted from the archive site; hopefully that will help to confirm it's what you're after.

James

F355GTS

Posted - 9 August 2007 20:32

For a few years now I've been using long strand e-glass as a packing material for my silencers, it's easy to install and far less itchy than the basalt stuff plus it tends to last an active season of trackdays (circa 20 average [smiley] ) and in a 6" x 26" Silencer on VX2.0 it's typically 96db to 97db at 4.5k revs

It's possible I can organise a bulk buy of the stuff, typically it takes around 5 to 6 bags to fill a 6" by 26" to 30" silencer, cost would be around £1.30 to £1.50 a bag depending on quantities/ delivery costs so a very reasonable £6.50 to £9 to repack from scratch

Post here to show initial interest together with number of bags to give me an idea and I'll follow it up to see what can be done

Mark