Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nearly New set of Superlight R Slicks

sfldesign7

Yes, the new R400 has a different diff ratio, taller slicks and different dampers (compared to last years superlight).

This means that last year slicks (from October) although almost new are no longer of use. They would be useful to someone who wants to race in different series or who just wants to play on a trackday, they generate astonishing grip (and last a reasonable amount of time). I think that the new price is about £500 and I'm open to offers.

Not being an expert, I haven't figured out how to mail offline. my normal mail address is:

stephen.lindsey@softwarespectrum.com

As far as I know the tyres will fit on R500 wheels, but it may be worth checking with Avon/Caterham (I think that the R500 wheels are about an inch narrower at the back, but its probably OK).

The specs of the tyres (from last years regs) are: 7"x20"x13" and 9"x20"x30", Avon part numbers 10594 and 6885.

I live in Richmond, or the tyres can be picked up from Arrowstar (where the car lives at the moment - Bicester).

On the damper question, the regs have changed from experience from the Nurburgring 24 hour racer (apparently). I think that it involves new aluminium front uprights, new springs and dampers and the addition of helper springs at the rear. No idea of the specs etc. but last years parts will be for sale once I get the new bits. - Steve