Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Homogelation Stickers - Roll Bar/Petty Strut?!?

guitarguy

I guess this has all been covered before, but I can't find specific links...

How do I find the manufacturer and serial number of my Bar/Petty Strut??  The car is a 2005 1.6 k Roadsport, and as far as I know the X braced bar came with the car..(the petty strut I bought from CC probably 3 years ago)

I don't think (from memory) my bar or strut have Homogelation Stickers but won't know for sure until I cut off all my roll bar/petty strut padding!! Any ideas for the best places too look? (nothing on the exposed bits, rear struts into boot etc). 

Any ideas where manufacturers mark/serial numbers might be too? (so I  can go the 'photos/request replacement' route). Need to sort pretty sharpish (ie before Loton)..

Cheers

Mark

Mark

It will be on the Petty strut - a silver/white sticker approx 3" long.

There will be no other numbers.  If you bought the strut and have not painted it then it should be there.

If not and you have the receipt I would be asking CC for them to pay for the sticker from Caged.

That's great Simon - thanks! *smile*

I'll get down the garage tomorrow with the Stanley knife to cut the padding off (that coincides with what John B said in reply to a duplicate post on  the FB Cat Tech forum). Am I right  in thinking it's at the top end where it bolts to the cage??  

Yes, I did buy it from CC and will have the receipt somewhere -  and no, it's not been painted....

Brilliant! Thanks again