Click here if you are having website access problems ×

48mm and 56mm K-Series Throttle Bodies – 3 For Sale.

Paul A

48mm and 56mm K-Series Throttle Bodies – 3 for sale.

1. I have a standard fitment 48mm Throttle Body from my 1.6 K-series engine which is in very good condition and done very little mileage. £30 + delivery.

2. I also have for sale a modified 48mm Throttle Body. This has had the ‘Cheese Wedge’ on the butterfly valve professionally removed by Dave Andrews which according to Dave gives the T/B 90% of the throttle response of a 52mm T/B without the expense of replacing it. Again this is again in good condition and done very little mileage. £40 + delivery.

3. Finally I have an all alloy 56mm Throttle Body, this gives even better throttle response than the 52mm version.  This is a great power modification and allows the engine to breathe better for better power returns over the plastic 48mm and 52mm throttle bodies that are fitted as standard on a lot of Rover engines. 

You will notice that the set up is slightly different to the other T/B’s. The cam cover needs to breathe and instead of allowing the hot oily gases into the engine bay they direct the air flow through the throttle body and out of the exhaust. This is not the best place for the hot gases to go; the engine prefers clean cold air for best performance. So in this T/B the usual connections from the cam cover have been sealed and the engine breathes via its own breather tubes as can be seen in the pictures. - SOLD.

Pictures:-

48mm Standard -     https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qv3yw217s3p0r1p/AADn77Fwpe0RuJd3EaG9AL-ha?dl=0

48mm Modified - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnwif7hz88dpa61/AABnfT37JBVLaSoW1upjXHtQa?dl=0

Please Note:-

A. On these items you will need to reuse your existing Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) which simply screws in place.

B. The modified 48mm and the 56mm T/B’s are shown bolted to a standard K-Series inlet manifold (Plastic Plenum) which you can have for free if required but will increase postage a little, otherwise I’ll remove the T/B’s before shipping.

If you have any questions then please ask.

Regards

Paul