Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Taking the plunge

chris whitlow

Not really taking the plunge, just dipping a toe.

Barely a week after the 'Intro' day and five days after saying I wouldn't be doing anything until next season because I'd got too much to sort out first. I've got petty and timing struts on their way, an FIA sticker for the roll bar, race suit and boots, a lightning bolt sticker to point at the ignition key, an MSA licence application in and I've entered both Curborough sprints.

Have I forgotten anything?

I'm simultaneously excited and apprehensive, I think all I need now are gloves and a massive injection of talent!!

Chris

It will be great to see you at Curborough and I agree that entering the Marshals Sprint on the day before the club sprint will ensure you make the most of each weekend. Here are the links to the regs and entry forms for May and August. A good number of us compete on the Saturday and the ESV will be present over the weekend so we camp and have a BBQ on the Saturday evening.

Chris,

Great news that you are going to take the plunge, are you just doing the L7C Club events at Curborough this year as a novice or entering the championship (as you have not entered yet) ? 

If you are not entering the championship this year but are intending as entering the championship as a novice next year, please don't enter the the marshal sprints or other non L7C events as this would make you ineligible to be a novice next year.

If you are going to enter the championship (and I would thouroghly recommend you do) then go for it, enter as many and as early as you can.

I've just heard that Goodwood is now full and on a reserve list.