Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powder Coating Suspension Arms

Wil Akroyd

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advise, I need to re-powdercoat my suspension parts.

I have also got some new bushes. 

The question is the process, is there a trick to getting these bushes in and out without damaging the finish? Can I put them in first then powder coat?

They are really tricky to get out even with a press!

Anyone done this before?

Advise welcomed! 

Best

Wil

• Area Representative

Wil

I managed to get my bushes in and out using the socket and bolt approach and the use of a big hammer. I didn't damage the new powder coat either. Use some lubricant when putting the new bushes in. 

Hi Will

As revilla says, Arch will do them for you. I had the de-Dion tube and the rear A frame powder coated and rebushed by them last year. Parts came back like new and for a very reasonable price.

If you are talking about the front suspension parts, it may well be worth considering having them nylon coated rather than powder. Much tougher coating that will last. Mine were done about 6 years ago and still look like new today.

Stuart

Hi Wil.

I am sure that Arch would not offer nylon coating. I took mine to a place in Leek called Kelcoat. If you do go with nylon coating, do not have the coil springs done. The heat process with nylon coating seriously alters their structure.

Stuart