Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Self Build - Rear Hub Nuts Torque Wrench

callumskeat

Hi Folks,

I am shortly to take delivery of a 360R for self build. Reading the assembly guide it details the need for a 274 Nm torque wrench to assemble the rear hub nuts. Can anyone suggest where I might hire/borrow such an item. Not needed for a little while, but it would be helpful to know? I live between Swindon and Oxford in Faringdon.

Regards

Callum

Works beautifully Callum. It bleeps at you as you get towards the preset torque you configure. Yes, a breaker bar and the hub socket is all you need with this. Then bounce and swing from the rafters. You will need someone in the car with their foot had on the brakes too. Added bonus of being able to calibrate all of your torque wrenches with this kit too.  

If you're looking to buy a quality wrench, I've just ordered this one.

"The Norbar TTi models have all the same features and benefits of the standard TT range, but have a simpler ratchet that is push through only (non reversible)."

Isn't that going to be a problem with rear axle nuts, since the LH one is reverse thread?

Isn't that going to be a problem with rear axle nuts, since the LH one is reverse thread?

You had me worried there for a mo, so I double-checked with Norbar's catalogue.

It seems that, when Norbar describe the 13445 as "non-reversible", they mean that the ratchet operates in one direction only (unlike, say, an everyday ratchet handle with a wheel or lever).  To allow for use on both left- and right-hand threads, the 1/2" ratchet drive can be pushed through to "swap" direction.

JV