Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My Superlight Twenty Build Blog

nigelpugh

I'm enjoying Nigel. Nearly said hello in person at the BaT event, but chickened out because wasn't convinced it was you! I think we should all wear blatchat alias name badges at all events. We should get a little lotus 7 club pin  badge when we join. 

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the comment, nope these are not standard, this is a modification I have done myself.

As you can see they are a little too large for the outer edges of the windscreen frame, but I still think they look a lot better than the standard hex head bolts.

No worries, you should have just thrown something at me to get my attention.

It was a great day out, and of course a fantastic facility for the BaT guys and Caterham too.

We met lots of people on the day, with lots of people who don't know me from the forums coming up,to say Hello as they recognised both me and Tom from the YouTube videos!

Tom always loves it when people so that, he likes to think he is famous around the world for his R500 screams of delight in those videos!

Yes you right re being able to pick people out at various car meets would help, and I am sure that I recall their used to be a logo Pin Badge for sale in the regalia section?

Hi Jonathan,

yes you still need a bolt as before, one goes from the alloy bearer on the passenger side up into the tillet seat base.

and as before on the pass her side these new bolts go up into that fix alloy bearer, they are just now these nice chamfered hex bolts and washers.

same bolts and washers are used on the drivers side seat mounting, which has the adjustable runners as before, but these now have nice captive nuts welded into them to take the new bolts up from the bottom of the car.

i hope that makes sense, hard to describe something that seems so Simple, and as I said a great improvement over those ugly bolts that used to hang down and get caught on all sorts of stuff!

• Leadership Team

Hi Nigel

Just to say how enjoyable and interesting the blog is.  Hope to see the car soon - but I'm really impressed with those low profile seat bolts.  They really tidy-up an area of the car that previously always looked a bit amateurish and unfinished.

Are you working towards a target completion date?

James

Hi James,

'Thanks I am glad it is holding your interest, I don't really have enough time to make lots of posts and comments so add just a few pics and notes when I have time.

Yes those floor bolts really are a big improvement.

I don't have a target date as such, it's more dependent on the timing and availability of the IVA.

I am sure we will actually get around to meeting up at some point in the future too.

cheers.

It's a panel somewhere vibrating Martin, I suspect it's one of the Carbon panels, as I have not riveted them into position yet.

Yep I too was paranoid about the oil pressure after the last oil pipe issue on my white R500, but at least I had a build manual for this car, and the plumbing was nicely documented to make sure even a amateur build like me can't get it wrong!

It still makes you fret the first time you turn the key though, but then a big relief to see the oil pressure needle spring over!

It looks like the fuel is definitely not working though, and nether are the shift lights, so I will be on my back in the footwell,this morning with my Led torch and multimeter!

• 2 weeks later...