Click here if you are having website access problems ×

After School Meeting

Alex Birtwisle

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaseB lives on the odd numbered side of Small Crescent Buckingham with a house number between 1 and 57.

He is a pisces, is right handed, dresses to the left, has a wart just below his ****, and is wearing blue boxershorts today. His lucky fish is mackerel and is lucky dictator is Idi Amin

Paul

All

So far these are the postcode that I've got, anyone else want to be included in the Bikeshed meeting location calculations ?

Alex & Rach CB2 4HW

ChrisB S10 5UE

Cooper Nut BN15 0LY

Dave Hard PR9 7JA

Ewenm BA1 4AS

FH & Hugh

JaseB MK18 7DE

KevSull RG6 4AL

Lee CR5 1HN

Mark Jackson

Mav & Miss Mav CH2 4PE

Noger RH3 7JP

Paul Davis SG6 2EE

Peardrop RH20 1NA

Paul

JaseB - Here is your ACORN rating.....

Type 11: Affluent Working Couples with Mortgages, New Homes

(1.3 per cent of the population live in this ACORN Type)

Likely characteristics

These new, suburban, family neighbourhoods are concentrated in the Southern, non-metropolitan counties and in central and North East Scotland. Particularly high concentrations are found in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. The proportion of people who moved into their homes recently is double the average.

Heavy ITV viewing Medium

Ownership of stocks and shares Low

Microwave purchases High

Buying home with a mortgage High

2+ Car Ownership High

Population Aged 0-14 High

Demographics

The age profile of ACORN Type 11 peaks in the 0-4 and 25-44 age groups. Only 4% of the population is aged 65 and over, compared with 16% nationally. There is roughly a 3 way split in terms of household composition between couples with children, couples without children and singles.

Socio-Economic Profile

Employment is mainly in white collar occupations. The proportions of people working in manufacturing and services mirror the national averages. The proportion of women, both with and without children, who work is well above average.

Attitudes

You are unlikely to find people in these neighbourhoods who believe a woman's place is in the home. You will, however, find people who really love new gadgets and appliances and who always buy new brands when they see them. People in ACORN Type 11 like owning good things. They are not too keen on television and radio commercials. They are less likely than average to be prepared to pay more for environmentally friendly products.

Housing

Houses in this ACORN Type are new, many having been built since 1981. There is a broad mix of dwelling types in ACORN Type 11, with terraced houses being the most common. Almost 84% of homes are being purchased and a further 8% owned outright. Levels of home rental are negligible.

Durables

Car ownership is above average. The proportion of households with 2 cars is 50% higher than average, but the proportion with 3+ cars is less than average. The weekly mileage driven by people here is very high, so cars are obviously very important. They tend to be large, new, company owned but costing under £20,000. Expenditure on compact discs is 71% above average and 82% more people than average are buying home computers. Many household Durables are purchased at above average rates, in particular built-in ovens, hobs, microwaves, dishwashers and fridge-freezers. As most homes are new, there is little home improvement activity.

Financial

These are certainly affluent areas, but the income profile peaks in the £30-40,000 band rather than above. The rate of new current account opening is 50% above average, but there is little activity in new savings accounts. Share ownership is 23% below average. Plastic card ownership is high, especially of debit cards, and mortgages are spread across building societies and other lenders. Ownership of company and personal pensions is above average.

Media

Ownership of both satellite and cable television are around 60% higher than average in these neighbourhoods. A wide range of daily papers enjoy well above average readership; The Financial Times, The Mail and The Sun all have very high readership. Sunday readership is more polarised with The Mail on Sunday being by far the most popular paper. ITV viewing is medium, but commercial radio listening is light.

Leisure

These neighbourhoods behave very similarly to the national average when it comes to holidays, except that many fewer people than average are able to take a long holiday. Propensity to visit pubs, clubs and wine bars and to eat out during the day is much lower than average, but 60% more people than average eat out in the evenings. Steakhouses, in particular Beefeaters, and Chinese restaurants are by far the most popular. Activities which are particularly popular here are keep fit, weight training and squash. Cinema attendance is above average, and propensity to visit zoos and safari parks is very high.

Food and Drink

Grocery shopping tends to be done by car. Freezer ownership is average and homes are more likely to have a fridge-freezer than a deep freeze. Consumption of frozen ready meals is, however, more than twice as heavy as average. Packaged grocery products which show very high levels of consumption are tinned steak, colas, nuts and crisps. Consumption of fresh foods, except meat, is below average. These are lager, rather than ale, drinking areas, though consumption of draught beers in general is below average. Wine is by far the most popular drink.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

But I hate Beefeaters...

And I'm certainly not a working couple *confused*

Where do you guys dig up all this stuff especially the bit about the mackerel and the blue boxers? And as for the wart that was supposed to be our little secret...

Sorry, late reply here

PE28 4UP

Ewen, there are still a few of us meeting to play Colditz/ Risk etc on the 22nd. I'll sort out details during this week and post you all a map, as I'm away the week after.

By the way, this does mean I'd be interested in a meet up!

Windy

Red and Black 1.8K

Which postcode do you have for ickle me 🤔

I've just been in detention for the last four days.... punishment, "move all those boxes from the Geography Department to its new location in the Science Block" and I'm knackered ☹️

We are now NG13 0FE

(who's Hugh btw?) *wink*

FH *cool*

Edited by - fullharness on 9 Feb 2003 16:41:47

To give you a bit of background these are the folk who are in

Alex & Rach CB2 4HW

ChrisB S10 5UE

Cooper Nut BN15 0LY

Dave Hard PR9 7JA

Ewenm BA1 4AS

JaseB MK18 7DE

KevSull RG6 4AL