Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover k – fuel rail feed hose/connector

Superwhite R283

I've installed jenveys and an air box using the original fuel rail. The fuel rail feed hose now has to be installed upside down (to miss the air box). Meaning the hose now loops up and around, I was wondering if anyone had found a feed connector with a different angle allowing the hose to be routed down. Hope the picture helps: here 

It is, but if I do that it will hit the air box, so I ideally need the feed to come out at an angle of between 180-270 degrees (based on the current angle being 0 degrees) so it misses the air box, if that makes sense. Or for the feed to come out parallel or just shut up and deal with the loop in the fuel hose *nerd* 

• Area Representative

Edited as I've now been able to open your picture and note you have already managed to mount upside down, which is what I did. However as mine was old I was concerned that such a bend would damage the hose so I sent the existing hose to Think Automotive and got them to make a new slightly longer braided hose using my existing fitting. Works for me with Jenveys and a Bernard Scouse (autotechnix) airbox. 

That crimped on connector can be hacked off (as well as the one at the other end) and then you can just fit some normal 8mm fuel hose with a fuel hose clip. But it still doesn't solve your OCD problem of the hose pointing upwards and looping round!

I used an MGF part WJH105210 which has a quck release fitting on the rubber hose, so you have to take the two down to pirtek and get the man to fit the fitting off your original hose. They did it for a fiver. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/23sgo74.jpg

• 4 weeks later...