Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quantum Racing Suspension Lotus 7 Club Speed Championship Regulations 2016 - Now Published

Comp Sec

Tyre warming is 100% out from 2017 and is already prohibited on a number of events. As the tyre change affects this year have caused a records reset it was agreed that in order to eliminate any reasoning for a second reset next year the tyre warming will be withdrawn from this year.

Thanks for spotting the error on the Curborough Regulations, I can confirm that tyre warming is not permitted at Curborough, and will clarify in the finals.

53 Entries so far.

• Class 1 - 12
  • Class 2 - 15
  • Class 3 - 11
  • Class 4 - 5
  • Class 5 - 1
  • Class 6 - 8
  • Class 7 - 3
  • Novices - 3
  • Ladies - 4

Class 5 currently has only 1 competitor entered, if you have entered class 6 or 7 but now are having 2nd thoughts and are considering going back onto 1B in Class 5 please feel free to let me know and we can adjust your class.

I think thats how it will be Chris.  Class 5 will just be the catch all just like 7 used to be.

It will not be fun with a high powered car on 1B - bordering on silly.

6 with a FHR is a far better bet and it looks like a good spread of cars and will be popular.  Competitors can at least measure themselves against past performance and see if any upgrades have helped them go quicker.

That's why the class is there Del.

It's a bizarre swap over.  We always used you have the catch all class 7 where we knew anyone could turn up and compete or if there was a scrutineer who didn't like something on the day but our own regs were clear we could always let someone run in 7.

Now with a little less room class 5 will need to be the catch all other than anyone turning up on 1c tyres.

It's a shame as the big fast class 5 cars was what got me interested in 2001.