Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series scavenge pump drive belt tensioner.

Englishmaninwales

For info. This may already be in the archives.

The bearing in the auxillary drive tensioner for the dry sump scavenge pump does wear and I'm aware of at least one failure with an expensive engine rebuild bill. I have replaced the bearing or whole tensioner unit every 3 years or so.

The complete tensioner is available from CES UK factors in the North West and North Wales - see www.cesuk.com for contact detail. However they are expensive at £70. They have a plastic tensioner wheel, but I have found this fine in service. CES part number 534016810.

If you have the original CC/Titan supplied aluminium tensioner wheel it is possible to replace the bearing (I have not been able to remove the bearing in the plastic wheel without destroying it). This bearing is 6203 LHA made by NTN dimensions 17*40*12 mm and is available from Simply Bearings 01942269837 or www.simplybearings.co.uk at £27.50. Note the LHA spec which is rubber sealed with high temperature grease rather than lower spec 6203 open or metal shielded bearings.

Hope this is helpful.

Malcolm

Edited to add - the automatic spring loaded tensioner with the later gold scavenge pump.

Malcom,   Yes its possible to replace the bearing from the alloy tensioner  pulley.  THe alloy pulley was an R500 upgraded part made by Titan. Gently heat the pulley and tap on a hard surface the bearing should drop out, the bearing should have identifying numbers stamped on it ebay is your friend for a replacement.

Cheerio

Rob