Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands aeros - The With-Wiper Version

Julian Bradley

The Ali Stanchion can be had in two versions. One is almost indentical to the full screen in the path it takes and therefore the wiper motors are free to stick out. This makes it easier to change back to the screen later on as you just have to clip on the wiper blades.

The other type takes a path that covers the wiper motor holes - so you HAVE to remove them. The advantage is there are no holes/motors left, but it will take longer to fit the screen again.

At least, that's how I understand it.

I have the 'with-wiper-motor' one and wish I had been brave enough to get the other... I have already removed the motor to save weight anyway...

Click on my name for some pictures of my car with the Brooklands screens on.

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

I have fitted the one wich covers the wiper holes, it looks very neat with no holes visible, or wiper spindles showing. Phil is right in that coming to refit the original screen takes longer, due to having to replace the wiper motor.Anyway not sure if i need to replace screen in a hurry.

Power Freak member!

I've just fitted the one that leaves the motors. Wish I'd fitted Brooklands earlier, great experience. Not sure though if I will ever have to put the screen back on, maybe if the other half insists, during the winter, maybe not *smile*

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys - I'm buying some 2nd hand. I figured originally it'd compromise the practicality of the machine (i.e. usability in the rain, in December), but then I reminded myself that it is a Caterham 7, and that I'll keep the wiper motor assemby there for the winter when a roof is A Good Thing.

And why is it that people who have them in the first instance don't go back? Why doesn't everyone have them? Anyway, I'm reconciling myself to the thought of roadkill in the passenger seat and bees. *cool*