Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blue Book - Roll Over Protection System #### UPDATED 02/02/16

Comp Sec

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more than a little confused by this . I recently purchased from caterham an FIA roll bar it has the cross bracing in the back. I looking purchase the petty Strut so that I can use this arrangement for club speed smevents .I don't see an FIA sticker anywhere on this roll bar .

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

OK, so I have now got an ARCH FIA sticker for my tall FIA rollbar.  I only seem to remember seeing these on rollbars themselves, but the post above refers to it going on the petty strut.  Which is correct please?

I am at Caged tomorrow and will ask if they have any other markings , and will look on my Caged FIA roll bar when it comes off 

and yes I work 5 miles from Arch and yes Caged is some 4 hours drive and a days holiday 

no I do not know why I did it this way !

Guess it was the way they did the A35 ?

After discussions with the MSA regarding CSR / 620r / 620s the MSA have confirmed that they can compete with a msa/trackday rollbar.

The MSA have confirmed that Caterhams with an effective capacity of over 2000cc Are compliant with the MSA deffinition of a sports car, so therefore under K1.6.1© this allows them to have a ROPS to drawing K60 so they do not require a full cage to K3 or K4.

k60 is a roll bar with diagonal bar which the caterham fia / trackday roll bar complies with

At the top of the petty strut .

I will offer it up to the car tomorrow. Currently waiting for the kit is bolts to arrive. I will also investigate the position of the hole in the passenger cockpit which has to be exposed to attach the bottom of the strut. 

Something to do on a cold winters day in the garage 

Longy

It is good news for CSR owners as I had understood that to be compliant, the legs of the roll bar had to extend the full length of the seat back (as shown by the dotted section in diagram K60(I)). 

Who was it at the MSA who cleared the FIA roll bar as being compliant with the MSA 2016 blue book? Knowing this will help other sprint series where confusion still reigns!

Steve

Steve, 

The clarification from the MSA on the roll bar is tied into the homologation approval, which details the approved mounting points and the cross member and has been deemed to meet the requirements of K60, and is not tied to our championship. 

• 1 month later...

Chris. I'm finally getting round to sorting the car and seeing if I am able to enter Loton ( issues with fitting events around work) and noted neither my FIA bar or petty strut have a homologation sticker. 

From reading this thread and blue book- it looks like I need to obtain a sticker before I'm able to compete? Did anyone manage to obtain certification, if do how and more importantly does either the FIA bar or petty strut have a serial number on them to quote to arch if I am able to obtain duplicate homologation stickers from them? I can't see a serial number on either the full cage I have, the FIA bar or the petty strut.. 

Failing that-anyone got a petty strut with homologation for an ARCH manufactured ie single diagonal FIA bar on for an arch chassis? 

Dan 

Hi Dan, as ROPS are mandatory this year we are expecting the scruiteneers to be checking

your cage is probably made by caged or safety devices, there are a number of threads on here on the info to be provided. For the rollover bar the sticker is on the petty strut. 

Chris 

Danny's bar is the single diagonal and not made by Caged.  They made the X version.

Danny was it Bruce who made those?  I thought it was Safety Devices but not sure.  Its not taken anything other than phone calls and pictures to the manufacturer for them to send out a replacement sticker.

Just give Bruce a ring and ask.

All sorted and sticker on its way after speaking to Phil at Arch and sending him a couple of pics of the FIA bar and petty strut to prove it was an Arch one!

For the first time in quite a while I got off the phone and though how pleasant it was to deal with a real company with great customer service!

Same with Safety Devices - Lilley was a pleasure to deal with. All they need is confirmation of the serial number - normally marked on one of the flat plates mounting the cage to the dash apparently, some photo's of the cage and £25 for a new homologation sticker.

I'm now contemplating a chassis 'refurb!!' Not sure how much of my car would be left however if they did.