Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Right angle brackets

Gloucestershire AR

My coil pack (crossflow, Omex ECU system) mounts on a bracket attached to the  scuttle area. It's a scrappy bit of bent ali I made myself and it's time to improve it. What I need are two right angle brackets roughly 30mm x 100mm by perhaps 30mm (not a crucial figure). I can find various steel ones but have had no luck finding a nice ali or carbon fibre version. Needs to be reasonably sturdy to stop the col pack vibrating too much.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andy

You could go to somewhere like this: http://metalsupermarkets.co.uk/metals/aluminium/ . If they are the same as the Metal Supermarkets in Canada, they will cut you pieces any length you want, so you could buy 4" / 100mm X 1.5" / 38mm 6061 aluminium alloy angle or something close to that and have them cut a couple of pieces off for a few £.

If you're going to get some made can I suggest a right-angled triangle with the short edges bent into flaps rather than bent strip? That should save several grams for any given level of resistance to bending and vibration.

But it still wouldn't be fully Chapmanised as some of the material along the hypotenuse would be understressed... ;-)

Jonathan