Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armourfend

Richie

Richie,

I had my car Armourfended last week. I have an SLR and do not have any rear wing protectors, so my rear wings are exposed. It's a personal thing but I prefer the look without wing protectors. Anyway, I drove to Armourfend to have the rear wing panels they do fitted as well as a few other areas. I opted for the full size panels which fit from the bottom of the wing to the top of the wing and completely round the outer curve to the wheel. You can hardly see them, although, once the dirt sits on the top seam you can see the seam. However a wipe with a damp cloth seems to do the trick.

If you are considering Armourfending, I would recommend that you take the car to them. Getting the Armoufend around the natural curve of the wheel arch and the curve to the wheel seemed to cause them some problems. It took three of them nearly three hours for two rear wings a nosecone and a couple of bits on the side below the sill protectors which I had fitted to stop the damage caused getting in and out and by the harness buckles.

Take a note of my email address from the profile and if you want, email me in the spring and I will let you know how its going.

Regards, Andy

Could I be so nosey as to ask you how much they charged you for all that ? I spoke to Caterham week before last as I was after protection for just the rear wheel arches and they said that they are putting together a kit which will be on the shelves in January. However it was for the nose, Rear wings, etc, etc and he couldn't tell me how much it would be.

cheers

sid

W77 CAT

I paid 200GBP inc VAT for:

Nose, (Can't remember exact price on this)

Full Rear Wings (I think 59.95GBP for the pair normally)

A section under each of the door sills.

Headlights, (Got carried away. I wouldn't bother with these again).

3 hours fitting

As I said before the rear wings gave the installation guys at Armourfend some problems, because of the double curve, so I am not sure I would want to tackle these myself.

Regards, Andy

Know it very well.

Live in Manchester but work in Hull, or I did work in Hull. I am working Blackpool now! Wo ho! (NOT!)

I worked there for about 5 months, I spend most of my time driving around Hull /Beverley so I know the roads quite well. There are some very very good roads around there... just watch out for the van with no back windows...... wink.gif

X777CAT