Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 150 Oil filter removal tool

johnpbransfield

Sigma 150 with oil cooler is due its first oil/filter change since I bought it. Service done by a very strong man prior at CCM. Very poor access due to TB's at the top and oil cooler plus pipes plus chassis frame below. Can anyone recommend a tool?  I was considering a metal band oil filter remover. I don't want to attack it with a screw driver just yet in case I completely muller it! Also the sump plug won't shift....but at least I can get to that and apply brute force! Thanks in advance.

• Area Representative

John. Changed Paul's at RofR. What a job!! Peter did a lot of swearing which I think helped. It had been fitted with an extremely large filter that almost touched the side skin. Used a chain wrench from beneath but it was a 2 man job to get it over the extra long filter. Be careful however as there is a metal oil pipe adjacent which can be easily damaged. 

Good Luck. 

Thanks for all the advice............

and the winner is Mr Colin Davies. Removed the air filter from the TB's and with latex gloves I managed to contort my hands around the filter. After a few minutes turning green and impersonating the "Hulk" the filter started to move....result!

When I replace it will be put on hand tight....thanks again.

It may not have been over tightened. On my Sigma 125 I always fit the filter by hand with the usual 3/4 of a turn after the seal first touches. When I remove it, it usually takes a good tug on a 1/2" drive ratchet using one of those chain wrenches to get it undone.

Duncan