Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 K Series Engine, Type 9 gearbox, differential ++ *All now sold**

Numpty

Due to an imminent winter upgrade, the following will shortly be available from my ex-2004 Academy car:

Engine: 1.6 K series - previously rebuilt by Minister with forged pistons and subsequently upgraded with Piper 285H cams, vernier pulleys and Jenvey DTH throttle bodies with carbon trumpets. Cylinder head and flywheel are standard, Caterham wet sump fitted. Mapped by Troy at Northampton Motorsport in April 2013 (with Powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust - not available) to produce 159BHP / 128lb ft (dyno sheet available). Now on 14k miles - it has had 3 oil changes in my ownership (3 years & approx 6k miles) and it runs extremely well. Currently still installed in the car - can be heard/seen running by prospective purchasers. £1,750

1st refusal on the following items will go to the buyer of the engine:

SC Typhoon ECU & cable with map for above - £200

Apollo tank and hoses - £100

Auto-Teknix (Bernard Scouse) airbox, backplate & filter - £135

Gearbox: Ford Type 9 5 speed, the cars original so also 14k miles from new. Fitted with Quaife quick shift (a noticeable improvement). Can be supplied with or without Caterham bellhousing. To my knowledge it has not been rebuilt but has been 100% problem free, its quiet in use and all the synchros are good. £375 / £200 with/without bellhousing

Differential: Standard open differential with 3.92 final drive. 14k miles as above, quiet in use. £250 

Happy to answer questions here or via BM.

Thanks

Guy

• 1 month later...