Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 for sale - Reduced Price - Must go in Feb

Andrew_Bailey

Car now sold 😬

Almost new and immaculate R500 is for sale.

Specs are as follows:-

- Built by Fluke-motorsport

- Car registered June 2002, C7 OCU (ex R500 SAC)

- Mileage now about 1,500

- Painted Lamborghini Arancia California (pearlescent orange)

- Race springs and dampers (plus spare springs and anti roll bar)

- Flat floored and properly set-up

- New Caterham R500 Carbon Fibre Airbox (essential for quieter circuits)

- New Caterham quiet silencer (no CAT)

- Original Caterham exhaust system (CAT and titanium silencer)

- CR500 Tyres on 3 part mag alloys

- Spare set of partially worn CR500's

- Additional set of R500 3 part mag alloy wheels with slicks

- Uprated master cylinder and pedals

- Full tonneau

- Half doors

- ECU controlled fan

- Race radiator

- Oil cooler

- Oil-air separator

- Mocal anodised oil breather/catch tank

- CF Aeroscreen

- FIA rollbar and petty strut

- Battery cut off switch

- Wheel rack that attaches to the roll bar. Allows you to drive to circuit with spare set of wheels.

£29,750 for the car including all the goodies as described above (excluding the number plate). Has to go by the end of February. Minno trailer with tyre rack also available with car if required.

C7 OCU

Edited by - Andrew_Bailey on 19 Mar 2003 23:48:39

Andrew, great sounding car.......sensible price. The problem is not many punters have nearly £30,000 to spend without it being released from the sale of another car .

I'm very much in this position and would seriously consider your car if I could dispose of mine.

Alternatively consider this :

Forget the Radical

Take my Ultima Sports in P/X ( Mk 4, V8 supercharged engine, 9900 miles)

Plus cash adjustment from ME of £5000

Regards

Andrew

Chris, your better half is absolutely right. You simply must have a sparkling pearlescent Lambo Orange car. It is such a great colour that I just know you will both love it. I am delighted that you spotted that I am selling an R500 (made by those nice people at Caterham) which has been painted exactly the right colour for you. Wouldn't it would make a wonderful birthday present *wink*

Just so that you know, I have my car on the market as I am rather taken with the Radical SR3. I live just a couple of miles from Castle Combe and would like to race in the GT series there just a few times a year. I couldn't do more as I have a young family so being away lots of weekends is not possible for quite a few years yet. The SR3 would be ideal for the GT series. However, I am not hugely bothered whether I sell the R500 this year or next. I have the handling on the R500 very well sorted now and am having huge fun with it.

If you are even half interested you are more than welcome to come and see the car and go for a blat if the weather is OK and there is no salt on the road. Just drop me a mail. Thanks anyway for bringing the ad 'back to the top'.

I used to have mucho fun marshaling at Coombe, but now it's too far away (I live in Canterbury, Kent) but Lydden is V close so all not lost.

I would love your car but for the one obvious thing missing from me making you an offer. I'm sure you can figure out what it is? Well Clamshells of course, but........... the decimal point would need moving to the left a bit more!! Sorry, but good luck with the sale. *thumbup*

Clamshell Club Founder Member.

Edited by - chris clark on 9 Feb 2003 08:36:46

I guess that the perception (and for some the reality) of what is happening in the economy is making people pretty careful right now. To be fair, it is quite early in the season and realistically there are not going to be too many people around willing, able or mad enough to spend £30k on this sort of thing. I agree though, it is a great deal for someone *wink*

So far I have not had a single person even come to look at it. So my guess is that I will be playing with the R500 for the rest of this year. Not too tough eh? 😬

Edited by - Andrew_Bailey on 10 Feb 2003 09:37:08

Andrew

I would love to come an dview your car with the option of buying, however I am currently on a overseas stint but am hoping to be back either later this month or sometime next month.

If you have not sold it bythe end of Feb, will you still be open to offers in Marhc if I manage to get to see it

Mark, I would be pleased for you to see when you return. The end of Feb date is really the point at which I accept that I will be hanging on to the car for this year and will use it as normal through the season. Of course if you wanted to buy it after the end of Feb I would probably be happy to sell. I should make it clear though that I am not open to offers on the car - I have already reduced the price to my absolute minimum.

C7 OCU

First saw this R500 as it went past me sideways at Graham Hill bend!

I came very close to buying it just after Christmas - only job insecurity stopped me. Job status changed to redundant last week so it was a sensible decision for me.

Apart from that this car is worth every penny - it's got over £40k of bits in it plus the build and proper set-up. And it's only 6 months old.

Just my two penneth and a long winded bttt.

Andrew

I'm amazed it hasn't sold yet Andrew 😳 😳 😳

For all those contemplation - don't think toooooo long - do it.

I bought Andrew's last C7 OCU (Yellow 1.6k upgraded Supersport) so he could buy this one.

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 Haven't stopped smiling since 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

HOW DO YOU GET DEAD FLIES OFF YOUR TEETH ?

If past experience is anything to go by someone somewhere (Lucky Barsteward) will not only get the bargain of the year but also a well cared for immaculate low mileage R500 that the rest of us dream about.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...