Click here if you are having website access problems ×

270 technical details

Garry R

Hi all,

I have only by just become a member and this is my first post.

After many years of waiting I finally ordered a new 270 at the end of September, but I have to wait until April before it is ready! After reading some of the posts on here I have realised what little I know about the 7. I would like to know some detail about what components the 270 is made up of. Are there any articles on this web site or a suitable book etc? Any help much appreciated.

Garry

Congratulations.... As Jonathan says start with reading the build manual cover to cover - you can download it from the caterham website if you register.  There's loads of good build diaries both on here and the wider web.  Google for 'Caterham Build diary' and look for something recentish.

I presume a new car will have the Ford engine, Mazda box and a BMW diff but even older build diaries will show you lots of useful bits about the rest of the car.  You didn't say whether you were assembling yourself or not but either way you'll find loads of interesting stuff to read

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I've now found some more info on here and other sites. Just to clarify I am buying ready built, unfortunately I don't really have time to build myself.

I have ordered a 270 S3 with S pack (other extras include track day roll bar and alloys).