Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class and tyres debate

OliW

Rob, that's exactly where I see it except class 4 (always the difficult one) 200bhp.  This, I think will be inclusive for R300 to R400 and all the other "200bhp" engines already competing. 

My first reason is that it includes current competitors.  I can't believe an R400 actually leaves the factory with all of its 210bhp, so we should allow them specifically!  Keeping it at 200bhp means you can't get a KR500 down there without killing the engine so it makes it fair for the bottom end of the class.  Personally, I'd be happy running an R300 in class 4, against 200bhp / R400 cars with this limit. 

Class 5 and 6 makes sense for the time being, although I can see 6 being the class everyone will race in and 5 being for "visitors".

7 - no change, so that's easy. 

The other reason I like this proposed structure is that it will be easy to develop if / when the tyre regs change again.  I can see us in three or four years time with:

Road legal - class 1 (basic / grad cars) - class 2 up to 150bhp - class 3 up to 200bhp - class 4 unlimited.  Class 5 - mod prod - do what you like. 

My only other comments would be to specifically exclude the allowed 1B tyres for pre 1990 cars and to reset the records (now not achievable) - except of course the class 7 ones. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic