Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Aero style fuel cap

Scott Tully

I want to put one of those aero style fuel fillers on my 7. I know there are several different styles and sizes but what is the correct size for a K series fuel injected car? I currently have the standard factory colour coded type fitted.

Azure Blue SV 1800 X-Power 140bhp.

Edited by - scott tully on 2 Feb 2003 14:08:39

Scott

I ordered an SV a few weeks ago and requested an aero style cap. I was told by the now departed Jason Sutherland that there had been a problem with them and they were looking for a different supplier. He didn't say anything about it not working due to fuel injection.

Mark

Have a look back a week or so as I did a posting on this subject. Word from Caterham is they cannot get one for the injection and will have to get one made specially!

Why I do not know after the replies I got. Just Caterham not making enough profit compared to the cheap and nasty Rover one that eats keys 😳

Richard in France

Arch build the chassis this week, delivery from Caterham in four weeks, my Duratec 7 is getting closer 😬 *thumbup*

I have had a 4 month saga with Demon Tweeks regarding their catalogue pictures,item numbers and product supplies.

I requested an FF03 (pg325 2002 catalogue) Flush fit filler cap,they sent the aero style one (labelled FF02 in the catalogue but FF03 on the packaging)

I sent this back saying it was the wrong type,they waited a few weeks and sent me it back again!same problem.

I am just about to return it and see if they can sort out a flush fit one for me.

URGENT HELP PLEASE 😳

Just about to order a flush fitting injection cap from DT also Caterham are about to assemble my chassis but without filler cap.

What do I need to order or tell Caterham. On a previous posting I was told the DT one fits no problem ☹️ *confused*

Richard in France

Delivery from Caterham in only TWO weeks, my Duratec 7 is getting very close 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬

I too would like a nice alli fuel cap instead of a nasty plastic one with a key that rests on my leg. I've been on the last 2 threads on this subject, but am no closer to getting what I want.

There must be someone out there who can fit an alli fuel cap to an injection car. It's surely not rocket science, and there's a queue of people waiting to part with their cash for the right product.

Don't be shy, get in touch and make youyrself some money.

Kermit the K *smile*

This sounds like it must be a job for julian.

Come on Julian make us some ali fuel caps that easily fit to the injection cars.

If your contact can make pulleys cam covers etc surely he can make us all some nice fuel caps. 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.

Edited by - scott tully on 10 Feb 2003 22:36:28

Just had a ring around many companies re the flush filler cap. Roger King has kindly explained the problem: The fuel tank has been changed on later cars, it has a different funnel and tight bend. The tube is a different diameter too. The new filler hole only accepts lead free pump nozzles. With injection there are also many breathers and to change to another filler / cap is NOT simple. There was also a 4" and a 3" flush fit cap available but not sure if both made now. Many of the companies I spoke to are trying to find a solution but have not got their heads around it yet.

So I had better re order the standard cap for the moment.

Richard in France

Delivery from Caterham in only TWO weeks, my Duratec 7 is getting very close 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬

• 3 months later...

Guys, Chris Wheeler is making a kit up for this, comprising Samco type hose and ali connector ( pipe sizes from tank to filler are different and you also need breather pipe connections.

Hopefully solution to follow *thumbup*

Anthony

Off to the paint shop PDQ...