Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ignition Cut-Off

Mike V

Following all the recent keyless ignition threads I have decided to dive in and have bought all the necessary switches and buttons.

My question is, has anyone used the aircraft style covered toggle switch as an safety cut out switch? I.e. on hitting the red cover the ignition is cut.

I don't want do the whole battery master switch route but I still want to go sprinting. The current cover has a notch to stop this at the moment for obvious reasons. Has anyone any advice on the regulations and practicals of attempting this solution. Maybe I will need two covers, one for sprinting and the other for every day road use. Can these be bought or would I have to fettle my own *confused*

X77CAT

Somewhat puzzling statement, as that's exactly what the red cover is supposed to do.

i.e. red cover up, switch on in up position, to switch off, knock down cover, it automatically switches off the switch!

It should switch on by toggle being up, not down.

Are you sure you have the right toggle switch.

I've used two. One for injection fuel pump and one for ignition.

Rob Lane

You see that's what I like about blatchat, there's alway someone around to tell you when you're being totally dumb. Yes you're right, it's to do with the cover being to far down the threaded part of the toggle switch and catching on the thread rather than pushing the switch down. Move the cover up the thread a bit and voila works like a dream *thumbup*

I'll go off and hang my dim head in shame 😳

X77CAT