Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD - 2003 Caterham 'Superlight R' in Orange

Back2a7in0xfordshire

A much regrettable sale of my Caterham ‘Superlight R’ - it hasn't had enough use since the arrival of my son and move of my job last year.

It is a full spec ‘Superlight R’, as follows:
- 1.8 K-series VHPD 190 BHP engine
- 6 Speed
- 32k miles
- Lamborghini Orange with bare carbon cycle and rear wings
- black pack
- 6" and 8" black Caterham 13" wheels with Avon CR500's (rears new 1,000 miles ago)
- Apollo tank
- LSD
- FIA roll bar (petty strut also available)
- Tillet Seats with Caterham 4 point harnesses
- Momo quick release steering wheel
- Carbon dash
- Heater

Also available by separate arrangement
- SBFS touring tunnel bag & RE bag
- tonneau & bag
- original exhaust
- petty strut
- full hood & bag

The car was originally kit built as a Touring Roadsport with factory VHPD upgrade, and upgraded spec listed above (first registered in April 2003). It was bought back by Caterham as they had a buyer (the previous owner to me) looking for this spec and was sold by Caterham in September 2003 as a ‘Superlight R’ (I have the receipt) and by me under the same assumption nearly 3 yrs ago. It does not have the Superlight R plaque/number, but it is a Superlight R specification car.

The car has been kept to a meticulously high standard - every year it has been serviced by Caterham or Caterham recommended dealers. Service was just complete 2-3 weeks ago (incl coolant flush/change & rear pads), previous work recently carried out includes 12k mile service last yr (£1k+) including sump gasket, foam baffles, brake fluid, cam belt, steering rack boots & rear tyres (CR500s), new heated windscreen, starter motor a couple of yrs ago. Massive folder containing every receipt from every ££££ spent on it!

In terms of spec and performance this sits between the R300 & R400, closer to the R400s in terms of power but a fraction of the price. Being totally honest it has a couple of minor cosmetic imperfections as you'd expect of a car this age (tip of exhausted scuffed on a kerb, rear rims scuffed at tyre fitment, stone chips on the nose, etc), but is mechanically sound and has been extremely well looked after.

It is a simply fantastic car in a great colour combination with the full spec.

I am based in South Oxfordshire/Didcot area. No timewasters or overseas buyers - genuine buyers only.

I have already had interest already (also advertised elsewhere), but it is still available.

Price reduced to: £16,995 ovno - this is a great price for this top spec car. In the interests of time, keenly priced to sell. 

On PH and ebay:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/caterham/all-models/superlight-r--lamborghini-orange-and-bare-carbon-wings/4628008

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...