Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Still having search problems

tbird

I thought I had got my head around this, I can find most stuff eventually (but do resort to Google) but what am I doing wrong here, quite prepared to be chastised for stupidity

on a thread here I did an upload guide for images, I was trying to find it yesterday to answer a question posted , I could not find it anywhere until I resorted to using Google, using terms like  click upload  button returned way too many results as did click AND upload AND button tried "click upload button" found nothing, I know that phrase occurs in the post so why am I not finding the post. what am I doing wrong 

• Area Representative

I still have no confidence in the site's seach engine. By way of example, there was, without question, a thread about guests one might like to have at a dinner party. On my list was Robert Peston and after this was met by incredulity, I explained why. If I put "Robert Peston" or even "Peston" (with the essential quotation marks) the thread does not appear on the lists produced.

Tim  *nono* , you should not have started this thread,  I would not have done so. I despair of any advancement on this.

GJT didn't find one with a dinner party but did find one about the trans Siberian express here where you invite Robert Peston, then explain why, however That one doesn't appear either if you use the search tool. with either "Robert Peston" or Robert AND Peston.  I have also forwarded this example to Shaun. 

BTW I had to use Google to find it, 

Tim