Click here if you are having website access problems ×

no plate on retention

higgyuk

I 'might' give £12k for it : if there was an 'S' at the end and not an 'R', but no, it does seem a bit keen,  Nice plate though at the right price. and if someone offered half that for it - I'd grab the cash and run.  

The trouble (with an S or an R) is it would have to go on a pre-73 car to be 'right' (ie on a Lotus 7) and that is not an option as its too modern, and would have to be LOT7H or earlier to put it on a genuine Lotus7 (depending on the year of the Lotus 7 of course).

Good luck though.

• 4 months later...

i TOTALLY agree

the valuation was by club lotus  in regard to the LOW mileage of 6000,mainly due to me working on 

my other cars.

Realistic  17,000 = 15,000 club prices -sell the car to a dealer he`ll want to sell at 19,000/20,000

expected 0-100  same as BDR  10seconds  100-0   3seconds  (4 pot calipers)

remote is excellent Wooler, am traditionalist LOTUS TC  1700 is my preference.

higgyuk

Mmm, I've been around Caterham and Lotus Sevens since I bought my first Lotus in 1986, and I still can't make out exactly what you are trying to sell Higgy.  Is it a S3 Lotus, or an early Caterham or a BDA HPC or what?  Do I take it that English isn't your first language?

Do you want to try and give us some meaningful information, although, I suspect that you may have blown your chance of selling it on here, maybe try Pistonheads or chance it on Ebay.

I'd be interested to hear about your other cars, anything interesting?

my first lotus was 1974,

It is you that seems confused

Simply no plate 12,000 or near offer

car built from all new parts by myself and registered as a NEW Caterham in 1983  valued by Club Lotus at 17000

offers?

if you want a genuine car buy mine otherwise look on Piston heads or E-bay

Great, thank you for the reply.

Are we to assume it is a 1983 1600 X/F live axle Seven, built from a kit of new parts, supplied by Caterham Cars when they were on the hill?

Does it have a single down draught carb or twin 40 Webers?  How about the seating, I assume it is the default bench backrest with individual seat squabs?   How about wheels and tyres, full weather equipment, tonneau, colour or is it polished Ali. If so what colour is the fibreglass.  How many miles have you covered, have you ever sold a car privately before?

With some help, I will be less confused.

is the basis of the valuation trait you, condition or historic provenance?

Getting there.

Paul.

i am english   maybe my flu   made me write confusingly  for which i apologize

NO PLATE SOLD separately

not a kit

i am an engineer caterham report said taught build (x bolts allen on all supension)

ALL new parts registered in the book at Caterham old place

tc  is 180bhp Oselli 45DCOE  quaife 4 speed with Wooler remote 48mph 1st   120mph top   to 100-about 12 seconds

std seating cibie headlights/alternator/rear battery and cutout/luminition/electric pump

6/7j   revolutions yoko`s   185/205 new

yellow sprayed yellow clam f/g wings

owned since new  6000m                                   clearer?

the plate is still up for sale !

the car is similar to the picture of your own

as you say for the traditionalists the ideal tractable full race line up -live axle.

i have stopped work on my 240BHP 105E Anglia hot hot  hot rod but will try to resume this this summer.done as a 1/4miler its been up

santa pod

regards higgy