Click here if you are having website access problems ×

[SOLD] Full K-series wet sump kit (but minus the foam)

Mankee

Removed from my engine the other day is the wet sump and associated bits. Includes the sump pan (of course), drain plug plus 5 new crush washers, good reuseable gasket with three holes drilled, baffle, Land Rover uprated oil rail, two oil pickups, one dipstick tube, four dipsticks, all fixing hardware including the two bolts that go vertically through the pan into the crank ladder. You might be able to have the two bolts that go "backwards" through the bellhousing into the sump, but I need to check that first.

Pictures are below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p81nevion14n4kd/AAAz-unMvGli5ZWY7w4NEgk7a?dl=0

Asking price is £200

And now some waffle about the bits:

The pan itself is in good condition with the usual scrapes on the leading edge and it has also been welded up at some point before I got my car. However, it is PERFECTLY leak-free.

The gasket was bought new and modified by me before I put the engine in the car in 2013. It has been off once since then and has also remained leak-free upon refitting. The baffle is fine. The Land Rover oil rail came with my engine so I just reused it and am including it here as I have no use for it.

One of the oil pickups is the original 1.4 Supersport Metro-based one that used a slightly different oil rail. It doesn't bolt to the oil rail so is just held in place by the floor of the sump. I have been using this one with no issues for the past couple of years. The other one is a Caterham oil pickup that I've given the "smash it with a hammer and chisel" treament to lift it off the sump floor and increase the size of the "plings". This one bolts to the oil rail fine.

There's four dipsticks. The first is a Caterham one but the end got mullered in transit. So I marked up an all-plastic dipstick to match it and also put another mark a little higher up to quell my paranoia about oil surge on hard track use. The third dipstick is the one that came with the previous engine. It's marked to match the blob on the Caterham dipstick. The final one is just me messing around with an old dipstick.

All the fixing hardware I used is there. I found that I needed one slightly longer bolt as there was a casting lump that stopped a normal length bolt from engaging fully. I'll check up on the bellhousing to sump bolts and get back on this one. They are fairly standard cap heads anyway.