Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Overall Championship 2015 - nominated events and scoring

Comp Sec

I have already informed the competitors who are in contention for the Overall Championship but, for clarity, the rounds that will count towards the result remain as only those nominated in the published regulations. 
However, as Anglesey 2 is a double lapper this year, we have no records to measure against. Therefore, although it officially remains as a qualifying event in  the regs,  it will have no affect on the overall Championship scores and the points calculation will result in zero for everyone. 
The Class scores will, of course, still apply and Anglesey is likely to be a critical event in deciding some of the Class winners but the Overall Championship points cannot now be improved. 

This is a far from satisfactory situation and, had I known that both Anglesey events had become double lappers before submitting the regulations, it would have been sensible to include Epynt. 
Unfortunately this didn't happen and, to make matters worse, I didn't pick this up until mid June - and there is  no way of changing MSA published regs in retrospect. 
I can only apologise for my oversight and thank the individual(s) who are most affected for their forbearance and exceptionally reasonable acceptance of the error. 

Paul.