Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting an A-C tank

prs

Now, before you all say not again I've just acquired a S/H unit and intend to fit this in the next few weeks. I've replaced the Dowty and O ring seals as I understand they tend to p-- oil out somewhat. I gather there was an article on this in low Flying about a year ago unfortunately my subscription only began last March so I do not have that info. Can anybody send me this info in particular the wiring up of the oil temp switch any help greatly accepted

cheers Phil

Mav, I'm situated in Radnorshire, Mid-Wales so probably too far. I'm not to bothered fitting the actual tank etc as I always do my own work including engine rebuilding and so on, it's just that I don't have any instructions for things like torque settings and how to wire the switch on the dash, I hate doing electrics and the correct sequence for the re-fill with oil i.e. does one undo the breather pipe and fill the tank to avoid the delay with oil pressure on start up. If you've got any instructions then this would be greatly received.

cheers Phil *wink*

• 2 weeks later...

Phil,

The LF article you mention was probably mine. I've e-mailed it to you. Let me know if you have any questions.

(Well, I would've e-mailed it, but it seems the "e-mail poster" won't allow attachments! So, if you'd like the article, please send me your e-address.)

JV

Edited by - John Vine on 14 Feb 2003 18:03:44