Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racetech electrical OPG, 2x senders, new 6ft MOPG oil line

Mankee

Just converted to a mechanical oil pressure gauge. There was nothing wrong with the previous electrical setup, just fancied something to do! Maybe a few grammes lighter too, but probably not...

The gauge and sender that I've been using are pretty old, around 2003 vintage, but they have been perfect. Maybe the Caterham senders are naff? Anyway, the 52mm gauge comes with the retaining ring and is in good condition. No idea if the bulb works though. The sender I've been using has had a spade terminal on a fly lead soldered on, but this has caused no issues at all. The washer is included but I've always used PTFE tape, again with no issues. Thread is M10x1, so please check this on your engine. There's loads of adapters, T-pieces and remote mounts available to make something up to suit your needs. The other sender is identical, apart from being made a few years later. I've used this once when testing some wiring, so it's been fitted for about half an hour in the garage and is as new.

The gauge is about £40 and the senders are about the same each, so I'm after £60 for the lot.

I also have a new 6ft oil line for mechanical gauges. It has a cone on one end and the other is flat, both 1/8" BSP. Will fit the common Mocal/Think Automotive gauge that the L7C seems to love; I just needed cone fittings at either end for my setup. You'll need a fibre washer for the flat end, but these are pennies. It is equivalent to LMA003/6. I'm after a whole £5.

Some pictures of the bits are in the below Dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfhbb69orqgu9l2/AAC_uPRWeyZVhi4lXPG7zkhya?dl=0