Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wing Mirrors - options instead of the flappy ones on the side doors.

Tomiam

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently had these made as prototypes and they work very well - very stable - hope to refine the design a little to reduce the overall distance from the hinges but still allow the door to open fully without the mirror hitting the windscreen. The height is fantastic - can see clearly over the rear arches.

IMG_4200.JPG.c4023ac6f925d1928a8dd1701edd10b5.JPGIMG_4199.JPG.586eb00122a8591f17c1975fe8ac1fa1.JPG

• 3 months later...

Hi Mark

Have not found the time to do anything further unfortunately. Richard made the first pair for me out of titanium. The holes for the hinges are quite tricky as they are very close to the edge and I suspect that the hinge locations on cars vary a little so it is probably going to be best to allow enough material so they can be individually drilled?

Richard did a sample that looked like the 7 logo and I was hoping to get this right - need to make it my Jan project!?

Not to far from you  if you wanted to pop over when you are in the area sometime and see them in the flesh?

Garth

Garth - those brackets look an excellent idea - I am still very puzzled why my 1996 Seven had rock solid side mirrors, and yet my identical 2004 Seven mirrors shake around and are pretty poor. But good on you to work on a solution.

However Tom's suggestion of the Riderscan really caught my attention, and after looking at the website I've placed an order - I really like the look of the Riderscan, it certainly seems to work well on a Seven looking at Tom's pictures.

Thanks gents!