Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oulton Park Track Day - 22nd Sept - who's going?

Titanium7

Thanks for organising, and thanks to all drivers for courtesy and good manners. I had a great day, first time I've been on a club track day for at least 8 years. The main thing I noticed is how few cars we had. Last time I did a an Oulton day with the club, we had 3 sessions each hour, with red, blue and green groups.  Are folk less interested in club track days now? 

Just back home - the a north is a very long way from Kent.  Fantastic day - thumbs up to Andy and the weather gods.  Sorry about my slight fuel leak and many thanks to the slick-shod R400 driver (apologies for not remembering your name) for helping me to repair it..    More club trackdays please!

Stephen *byebye* 

Top day.  I was a little worried about how slippery the track was after the sighting laps. Losing the back end at such low speed was a little unnerving.

Had a fantastic day and got to stretch the legs of my R400 very nicely as well as meet some new folks.
Thank you very much Andy!  Much appreciated. :D

Andy, as others have said thanks for organising the Oulton trackday.

Thanks also to all the others there for their efforts at trying to get my car going.

During the second session, the car died on track, but I managed to find an exit just past Old Hall, and push the car back to the pits. Luckily didn't cause a red flag.

Very odd symtoms.

Fuel to the carbs okay.

Spark at plug okay.

Started and ran rough on Easystart.

Fuel filter pretty grungy, so changed for new.

Would not run.

Again, thanks for the loan of the jump leads and Easystart.

I had to call the AA to get home. I thought there might be a problem, with recovery from a trackday, but their policy is if the car is road legal, and it's a mechanical breakdown, not accident damage, then they will tow you.

AA man was very good. We done a compression test..all cylinders okay. He then tested the spark and whilst doing so, the car started and ran on 3 cylinder. Re install the plug and she ran fine. He then disconnected the coils, squeezed off the connection and sprayed with WD. Car started and ran well.

*woohoo*   Back on track!

But then talking to the AA man to thank him it just stalled again. Wouldn't start again. So it's definitely an electrical problem. Started looking at all the connections back to the ECU, and the wiring, but no obvious break.

Could be a coil breaking down, but you'd expect it to cough on the other coil. Could be a faulty wire or shorting to earth problem. I'll have to have the scuttle off, and get the multimeter out. I have replacement coils, so will fit these.

AA recovered me to home.

BTW, standing on the pit wall, your Sevens sounded fantastic at full chat, flying past.

Always next year!

Clive

Had a great blast chasing & being chased by someone in a 620r.   Top bloke whoever it was, sorry I didnt get your name.
He went past, then I went past, then he went past... then my passenger told me to calm down because I was getting too excited LOL.

Video from my PoV:  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

That was me - I was getting a bit overexcited. I didn't have slicks on and found it a bit slippery

The main thing was that my car was faster than my knowledge of Oulton Park (my first time on there)

There were a couple of people, like you, who made my afternoon a real laugh!

Thanks

Andi