Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T - Heated steering wheel covers (wifes car)

Bob L

I suppose this could apply to Sevens but my wife has a VW Up that she is pleased with. Loves the heated seats but no heated steering wheel and she really suffers in the cold. She wears gloves while driving but still suffers from painfully cold fingers.

Anyone tried aftermarket heated steering wheel covers – do they work and any recommendations?

Was also thinking of heated gloves. Are these likely to be better or less restrictive than cables to a steering wheel cover?

Should I just buy a good quality sheepskin cover. Would this be a good compromise without the hassle and mess of wires etc?

I know we are not out of summer yet but would like to get this in hand before the cold days set in.

Thanks for any wisdom and personal experience that BC can provide.

Sorry, no personal experience*. The big boys who do my CBTs all wear them, but I don't even know if they are part of the gauntlets or inners. And bikers' hands don't move around as much as drivers'.

Jonathan

* Well, not since 1975. I spent a year in a laboratory where we used to cook people in heated suits to see how it affected breathing. It's surprisingly hard to raise an adult's core temperature.