Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yellow Paint

Duckpit

I don't think you're missing a simple solution! 

Elie found a possibility. 

Lots of previous suggestions to see if the factory would give us a colour card. But no-one has managed that yet: it might be a custom mix and they can't. (There are suggested mixes.)

"Tony at TSK" has a reputation for being very helpful: it might be worth asking him directly.

Good luck

Jonathan

Not sure if this is helpful, but the standard yellow stripe on mine is called 'Firecracker Yellow'.

A search for that comes up with:

L24 Firecracker PJ 6170X5150

on a site called Seloc which is for modern Lotus cars. It's a great wikipedia-style resource. Wish we had one too!

Ned

Not sure if this will help, but when we had a bonnet respray on a previous Jeep they didn't need a code - I think they scanned the paintwork.  It might be worth asking a local paint shop if they can do that to provide a code.  They made even be able to provide the paint in a spray too.

Thanks all

Seems silly that Caterham dont sell the paint other than touch up & wont tell us the code.

Its for my Lotus 7, the air intake has never been painted and so I thought I would match it ot the rest of the car, when and if I gety it restored.

Because of where I live I cannot get to a paint shop to match the paint.

Seems I will have to go for a contrast, probably British Racing Green. RAL 6005

Nick

ISTR Catetham yellow is a Vauxhall colour.  I ordered some touch up paint from somewhere online and the code on the pot is 'MAC 5 59L 555', also on the pit us CARGOGELB. I'll try and find in my records where I ordered it from.  

Its a list of the cumulative mix ratios for standard Caterham colours including yellow. 

The list is for DuPont paints - it was given to me by a contact at Caterham Cars. 

Show it to any good bodyshop and they'll be able to supply a match. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hsave shown the code to body shops & no luck, I have even contacted DuPont and got this reply

Thank you very much for your email. Sorry, we can not help you regarding your request . DuPont sold the requested product to the company axalta Coating Systems .   We ask you to contact this company. Below the website :     http://www.axaltacs.com/corporate/en_US.html

Well I have the Cargo Yellow and its as good a match as its going to get, not sure if I can touch up with it but definitely able to paint a complete item such as a wing and the difference if any will not be noticed.

Thanks all