Click here if you are having website access problems ×

iPad functionality

Julian H

I find using the forum with iPad really clunky.

autocapitalisation at the beginning of a paragraph does not work. Choosing smilies is a PITA, no matter where the cursor is, they always jump to the beginning of the reply. To get the smilie pop up window to appear requires manual retraction of the keyboard. Often, even getting the cursor to appear in the text box is a challenge.

on all devices, not just apple, I find the image link and the photo upload process clunky often taking several attempts and I still have not managed to upload from iPad.

thanks. Julian

• 7 months later...

Is it just me? I can't be in the minority using an iPad?

Choosing smilies is a PITA, no matter where the cursor is, they always jump to the beginning of the reply. To get the smilie pop up window to appear requires manual retraction of the keyboard. Often, even getting the cursor to appear in the text box is a challenge.

No, it's not just you.  There are lots of functionality issues which have yet to be addressed, and no timescale given for their resolution.  There was an outstanding issues log, which hasn't been updated for some time.  I've just given up asking as it's not worth the effort or the flak.