Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Titon belts - 6 point (brand new and unused)

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

I've got a set of brand new, unused Titon seat belts that I purchased through Simon at Meteor Motorsport, but which I simply don't need.  They are in black fabric with black adjusters and buckles, and were tailor made to fit a Caterham.  They can be used in 4-point or 6-point configurations.  The belts are in the original Titon boxes (never taken out) and come complete with instructions.

I paid £248 for them but would be prepared to sell them to L7Club member for around 20% off - so call that £200 in round numbers.

James

Hi James, I'm interested.

Are the lap belts the standard "pull up" or "reverse / pull down" to tighten?

And are the adjusters the normal/standard ones or the "lightweight" version?

Ooh, and, are the end plates to fix to the car the standard bolt-on plates, or the quick-release compact hooks?

Cheers

• Leadership Team

Hi Anthony

Ah - I can't remember which way round Simon advised me to have the adjusters made up; I'm not at home till tomorrow evening but can check then.  Whichever way it is, it is the way that Simon at Meteor said works best!

The adjusters are the normal ones and they look really good; I was thinking originally about the lightweight ones but they hardly look any different and cost a fortune!  So I was happy (again) to take Simon's advice and go for the standard set up.

Quick release hooks for the six point straps (that fix to the chassis mounted eyes under/at the rear of the seat) but otherwise the lap and shoulder straps use the triangular plates that bolt on.

Hope that helps - I can check and confirm tomorrow evening if need be.

James

Thanks James, very helpful. If you could confirm the lap belt directions, that would be appreciated.

Meanwhile, I'll go look behind my seats as I don't think I've got the eyes you mention. *frown* (I was antipicating bolt-on all round, in the belief the lap and crotch straps both bolted to the same mounts at the sides)

This is what James ordered.  Since we get very few orders all belts are made to order and these were different to others witht the hook and eye crutch straps we could not take them back. I have tried to move these on for James with anyone who has asked for similar (1 person).

They are a great spec and bargain if you ask me.  I would really like to see Jmes move them on - the eye bolt will be very easy swap on the chassis.

This is the spec of both belts.

Caterham 6 Point -  Plate fix to chassis, Pull Down Lap belts, QR -  1 LH and 1 RH lap belt, Black - no logo.
Crutch straps 200mm longer and should have hooks (not plate fix like the rest of the kit).

• Leadership Team

Thanks Simon!

Hope that gives you the answers you need Antony.  I had forgotten that the belts are correctly handed, in that both the driver and passenger side have the quick release buckle attached to their respective inboard lap strap (so that the buckle gets 'thrown' over the transmision tunnel and not over the outside sill where it could damage paintwork).

Anyway, let me know!

James

Thanks both.

I am indeed still interested and the price is great; I have *no idea* what would be involved with "swapping the eye bolts" - Simon, is this a case of fitting eye bolts somewhere behind the seat? I have a couple of square bits of rail sticking out from under the rear bulkhead with holes in (just in the rail top, not through the floor)... a bit confused.

Any pictures of this arrangement online?

Ta

The "square bits" you mention are probably the standard seat to chassis rear fixings. You will (should) have threaded bosses in the rear of the tunnel and the outside rear of the side panelling for fixing eye bolts

• Leadership Team

Antony

I think that the comments from Roger (ECR) may - with good intentions - have confused things somewhat...

It is the lap straps that fix to the threaded bosses at the rear of the tunnel and the outside rear panelling using the standard bolt-through plates (identical to the belts you will be removing).  No need for eye-bolts here - just re-use the bolts that hold the currently fitted lap belts.

The 5th/6th (crutch) belts attach via the sprung latches (as per the photos I emailed to you last night) to a couple of eye-bolts that you will need to buy and fix through the mounting holes you identified which are on the 'square' pieces projecting forward from the rear bulkhead, at floor level; from memory, these are mounted much closer to the centre-line of the seat.

As I said, I don't have my car any more or I would have sent a photo but I'm sure you've identified the right mounting points for the eye-bolts; it should be really straightforward!

James