Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Twin Cam Series 4 - RHD but in Switzerland - look at the price!

Wile7

£22K for a real Lotus (type 60) with a twink (£8-10K). Elans and Europas fetching £30k+

Not really bad - IF you like series 4s. They're also a very nice car to drive - did my first Swiss trip in 1970 in an S4.

Most of the series 4s went (eventually) to Switzerland (and Japan).

Personal choices.

They have their place, and its nice to see them, but there's too much body on them and they look a bit big and cumbersome and when you see them sat next to and S3 (although I must admit I've not seen an S4 sat next to an SV yet).  Handling was good though, and there was a nice range of engines available for them including the Ford / Lotus twin cam.  Even though S4 was a bit heavier it still an enjoyable car to drive (even if its a bit of a Marmite car), best of all, after all, they are a genuine Lotus and probably looked quite good in the 70s in the right colour. (and yes I had the S4 matchbox car too - still have it upstairs in its original box, although the windscreen broke off the car :(

• 2 weeks later...

White I like.

Beige interior.....nope  *yuck*

Keeping it original will probably preserve value but a red leather interior would be cool IMO... but that would probably mean a complete custom install as interior bits for these I understand are pretty rare...