Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Think Auto alternatives in Sussex?

Julian H

Hints, erm. Not sure. This is what I did.

Once I knew what fittings were on each end I could order remotely from Think. I didn't like the tube that came with the kit, when I tested it at the weekend I found the readings slower than I had experienced with Rays installation so decided to pony up and use braided brake hose.

Fearful of what might happen if I switched the engine on without the hose connected I sucked the oil through. Worked a treat. Used a swivel connection one end so I could remove any rotational stress. hose comes through the bulkhead around halfway up between the steering column and heater. Nice gentle sweep to the back of the instrument. I worked out the length I would need then pulled the maximum through to the gauge to allow the hose to come through the dash so I could do the joint up then pulled it back and dressed it back into position and tied it in place.

Will consider putting a resistor in the circuit to reduce the backlight. Won't look quite so bad when I replace the water temperature gauge to match though *biggrin*