Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Think Auto alternatives in Sussex?

Julian H

I need a few bits and pieces for my mechanical OPG plumbing installation. Think is a bit too far for me to nip to in a lunchtime from work [sarcasm intended *wobble* ], anywhere in mid Sussex I can visit that might have those sort of bits, specifically braided hose, adaptors etc..?

I'd rather deal face to face so I can leave confident in the knowledge I have everything I require.

Thanks

I got a set of parts from a (fairly) local member. It didn't include the switch for driving a warning light - just an adapter to suit the hole for my oil pressure sender, a hose of the required length with the right end fittings and a gauge. Nice and simple. Considerably cheaper than the Think setup but it works a treat.

Drop round one evening and I'll show you what it looks like.

Think Automotive are very good based on my customer experience.  Given a mechanical OPG is a common mod, Id feel pretty confident about ordering over the phone / web with them and getting the bits you need. They do a club discount too.  

Thanks for the useful leads, I will follow up.

Tom, I don't doubt Think are excellent, however I already have a gauge which I want to use so need to ensure compatibility of components which I'd rather do face to face. 

Hi

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to spend another day on this so have had to give up for now, other duties beckon! Bloody PITA my box being missing bits though. I have written to Stack. Ian and Ian, where have you put your tube through to the cockpit? I was thinking offside about half way up the bulkhead, near the side of the heater?

Cheers, Julian

Is it good? I can't wait to see one working in mine.

Well, the needle goes back and forth a bit as the OP rises and falls *wink*

It's quite heavily damped compared to the electric one, and the readings are different (higher) than the electric one, so no idea which is (more) technically correct, although you're really looking for unexpected changes in the readings rather than an absolute 'value' so that doesn't really concern me.

All the bits were in my box, although I already have a T-piece with the red warning light OP switch, so maybe that's the difference? 

I have a cable grommet in the bulkhead roughly in front of the drivers right knee so the tube went through there, and along the offside of the engine bay with the brake line.

Sure you'll get it sorted soon *wink*

Nope, mine is very well damped. Just a thought, wonder whether it makes a difference if tube is filled with oil or air. Didn't do anything special to fill mine, just connected it as the instructions, but that's all I can think of.

My MOPG is a Stack one, is yours?

Ooh, err! That does not sound good Ian I don't want to go to the trouble of installing mine to find out its not responsive. I wonder if it's the tiny diameter tubing that comes with the gauge the makes the response slow? Having seen Rays gauge, it amost is a carbon copy of a recounter!