Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Nose Cone Repair After Moving Headlight Brackets

R400C

Is there a recommended method of repairing the redundant holes in a nose cone following the replacement of the original headlight brackets with the new lowered type?

I was thinking of cutting small pieces of carbon sheet to match the holes as closely as possible and resin glueing in place with further carbon sheet behind for strength?  Cosmetically, it would then require paint or vinyl film to cover the repairs ...

Pictures or successes (and failures!) from those who have attempted this would be most appreciated.

Recommendations for professional carbon fibre repairers in the NW would also be welcome in case I decide to get it done properly!

Final option will be to get a brand new carbon nose cone from Caterham and get it painted then sell my immaculate carbon nose (with small headlight bracket cut outs) to partially offset the cost but this seems a bit extreme and not that cost effective ...

Thanks for any advice.

• 1 year later...

Quite a while since I raised this issue, but believe or not, I still haven't got around to fitting the new lowered brackets!

It's back on my job list, so is anyone able to offer any further advice on the best way to fix the redundant cut-out holes in the nose cone once the lights have been moved?

Many thanks

Al D